PowerDrive or CVXDrive™
431- 692 HP
8.7 / 12.9 L
Up to 113 gpm
Case IH AFS Connect™ Steiger® 540
The Right Configuration For Any Operation
The chassis' design allows for some of the largest tires to be fitted in the industry. High-horsepower row crop tractors deserve industry-leading fuel efficiency for maximum productivity. With reliable power, advanced hydraulics and an industry-best turning radius, no job is too tough.
Available on all AFS Connect Steiger models
When traction and agronomic advantage are essential to your operation, the AFS Connect™ Steiger® Rowtrac™ tractor is the right choice. Rowtrac models provide 50/50 weight splits for low ground pressure to increase yields, plus can easily maneuver through fields for post emergence work.
Available on the AFS Connect Steiger 420, 470, and 500 models
25 years of industry-leading track technology can be found in every AFS Connect™ Steiger Quadtrac® tractor, which features four individually driven, positive-drive oscillating tracks. Designed to maintain constant contact with the ground for a smooth ride, superior floatation and optimal traction. Plus, we’re still the leader in innovation and tech in four track design.
Available on the AFS Connect Steiger 470, 500, 540, 580 and 620
The AFS Connect™ Steiger® tractors excel at the construction site, moving more material at the lowest cost per yard.Available in wheeled or Quadtrac configurations.
Click here to calculate the cost to move a yard of dirt
Available on AFS Connect Steiger 500, 540, 580 and 620Steiger Scraper Tractors
Connectivity & Support
- Remote Capabilities
- AFS Connect
- System Components
Fuel-Efficient Engines That Maximize Power
- Up to 692 peak-horesepower
- 8.7- and 12.9-liter engines with FPT technology provide power and leading fuel efficiency
- Up to 14 percent power growth to maximize performance in the toughest conditions.
- SCR only technology provides simplified emission compliance.
- Exclusive engine brake option
- 600-hour oil change interval
- Patented Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) only meets Tier 4 B/Final emissions standards
- No engine regeneration is required, so you can stay up and running all day long.
- SCR-only solution continues to perform in the field with hundreds of thousands of engines in operation and counting.
Efficient Power in Any Application
- PowerDrive Powershift Transmission: Proven 19-speed full powershift transmission delivers ultra-smooth shifting and power transfer for the field or road, allowing for maximum productivity.
- CVXDrive Continuously Variable Transmission: Built for simple operation, the CVXDrive™ transmission delivers the exact speed for your operation without compromise.
The World at Your Fingertips
- Encoder Dials- Easily make adjustments to hydraulics. The encoder acts as a mouse for the AFS Pro 1200 display and controls phone, radio and HVAC functions.
- MultiFunction Handle- Control 95% of tractor functions all in one spot.Includes 4 customizable hotkeys.
- Electro-Hydraulic Remote Levers- Color-coded levers can be programmed for different users.
Simplicity Meets Unsurpassed Luxury
Storage & VisibilityThe redesigned cab has more storage space and cup holders.Additional monitor mounts keeps your tech organized. Cab-surround glass, 40˚ chair swivel and enlarged windshield wiper arms provide superior visibility in all weather.
All Season ComfortFrom heated and cooled seats to increased HVAC vents and louvers, you'll stay comfortable in the cab in any season.The upgraded sound system features larger speakers enhance sound quality.Available luxury cab includes ventilated leather seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel and cab carpet.
Fully ConnectedAFS Connect Steiger series tractors keep you fully connected with multiple monitor options equipped with latest on-board technology. Throughout the cab there are 29 power sources - including USB charging outlets, 12V power ports, and even 120V power - to keep your essential electronics running.
Exterior Features & Styling
Designed For Style and Substance
LED Grill LightsLED grill lights provide increased front and side visibility.
360-degree Egress LightingLED lights are located at every angle around the tractor to give you better visibility at night and offer customizable settings adaptable to your operation.
Four Camera FeedsConnections for 4 cameras are standard with technology cab packages. Front and rear cameras are included with the luxury cab package.
Telescoping MirrorsElectronic telescoping mirrors are controlled from the tractor cab for easy adjustments.
Self-Tensioning Track SystemThe self-tensioning track system is built into the suspension mounts on each undercarriage.
Tire Pressure Monitoring SensorsAvailable Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors allow you to monitor and view tire pressure through the AFS Pro 1200 display.
Tri-Stripe DecalsUpdated styling reflects the latest design seen only on new Case IH tractors.
Three Point HitchUp to 22750 lbs lifting capacity - 12.8% increased lift over the previous design.
Hydraulics Configured Your Way
AFS Connect Steiger tractors provide up to 113 gpm hydraulic flow, allowing operators to run at lower engine rpm in order to conserve fuel without affecting operational performance. Up to 8 remote valves available.
Levers allow for streamlined hookup with easy to identify, color-coded hydraulic valves. Hydraulic spring-loaded covers protect the system from dust.
3 1/2 inch and 3 1/4 inch hydraulic valve couplers allow for more adaptability to operate more implements.
Axle & Suspension
Unrivaled Durability Comes Standard
- Heavy-Duty axles found on the AFS Connect™ Steiger® can handle up to 66,000 gross vehicle operating weight
- 50-50 weight split between front and rear of tractor provides maximum traction with minimum compaction
- 4- way cab suspension creates a smooth ride in all terrain
Maintenance & Uptime
Get in the Field Faster, Stay in the Field Longer
Oil Change Intervals and Fuel CapacityWith up to 470 gallon fuel capacity and 600 hour oil-change intervals, AFS Connect Steiger series tractors keep you up and running longer.
Remote Dealer SupportFrom setting up your new AFS Connect Steiger tractor to diagnosing machine codes, your dealer is just a call away to provide you remote support.
Information at Your FingertipsMyCaseIH.com is your destination for product support, including free operators manual downloads, AFS training videos, how-to tutorials and maintenance tips.
- Engine: 12.9 L Tier 4 B/Final
- Engine Rated Horsepower: 535
- Maximum Engine Horsepower: 605
- PTO Power: 473